- Avoid getting the lashes wet for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid rubbing on your eyes or pulling on your extensions. This may cause your lashes to come out prematurely, and in extreme cases rubbing or pulling can cause permanent damage.
- Avoid excess swimming, steam rooms and humidity. Too much moisture can break down the glue and shorten the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Make sure to thoroughly cleanse the lashes using an oil-free makeup remover or cleanser, and brush daily to prevent product buildup.
- Comb through lashes with a spoolie at least once a day to separate and dislodge loose lashes.
- For side sleepers: The use of a contoured eye mask or a silk pillow, will aid in putting less pressure to the lashes while you sleep, which will help the retention of your extensions.
LASH LIFT AFTERCARE
The best thing about a lash lift is that it is a very low maintenance procedure. However, there is a little extra care required over the first 24-48hrs.
- Be gentle with your lashes; no rubbing.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours.
- Do not use harsh products on your eyes/lashes.
- The use of sauna/steam is possible after 24 hours but may weaken the effect of the lift.
- No eye make up for the first 24 hours.
- Avoid waterproof mascara’s.
- Swimming should be avoided for at least 24 hours.
- No other facial beauty treatments for the first 24 hours.